× alleen voor dingen die écht niet in een van de andere technische rubrieken passen (zoals LPG)

Vario and LPG

• V300 register
  • Gebruiker is geblokkeerd
Lees meer
13-06-2013 20:42 #632744 door V300 register
Vario and LPG is gemaakt door V300 register
I convert all my cars to run on LPG and intend to do the same with my new vario

The problem with a mixer system is that they are not usually keen to idle at low RPM but the vario needs a low idle.

My thoughts were to rather than use the normal plate mixer on the carb is to fabricate a collector to fit onto the carb that will take a normal ring mixer with a single venturi and also make a new air filter housing. This should give the advantage of improved low RPM running and also remove the hot air intake.

The car in question is a late model CVT 1990 registered

Are there any other considerations I need to make with converting a CVT model?

Gelieve Inloggen of een account aanmaken om deel te nemen aan het gesprek.

• V300 register
Lees meer
15-06-2013 03:01 #932501 door V300 register
Beantwoord door V300 register in topic Vario and LPG
nope. if you are going to run LPG only, you can consider removing the C plug for the renix unit to gain a few degrees spark advance.

Lees meer
20-06-2013 12:29 #932651 door Laszlo Mogyorossy
Beantwoord door Laszlo Mogyorossy in topic Vario and LPG
For a CVT the Air / LPG ratio should be slightly to the rich direction , that gives you more torque,(also lower combustion temperature ) therefor you will drive at constant speed with less throttle valve opening, so the CVT will change to higher gear ratio .
Finally you will get less noise, and better fuel consumption .
Advice ; adjust the exhaust valves at 0.25 mm instead 0,20 mm (cold)

• Erick Janssen (GAST)
  • Nieuw lid
  • Nieuw lid
Lees meer
20-06-2013 19:48 #932665 door Erick Janssen (GAST)
Beantwoord door Erick Janssen (GAST) in topic Vario and LPG

LMogyorossy;218280 schreef : .....Advice ; adjust the exhaust valves at 0.25 mm instead 0,20 mm (cold).....

Exhaust valve and intake valve lash should be increased by 0.05 mm [= 0.002"]

• V300 register
Lees meer
24-06-2013 00:16 #932784 door V300 register
Some useful extra info here.

Would it be possible to put a relay on the C plug powered by the LPG power wire to change the timing? It would be run on LPG almost all the time but there are times when you can need to switch back to petrol. Most of my other cars are LPG only where possible.

I do like to set the mixture slightly to rich side and I can see how letting it go lean with the 1.4 engine and Vario is a bad idea.

I will also check and adjust the exhaust valves giving a little extra clearance. The single cylinder Honda engines that I run here I have done the same with them as if you run normal clearance the valve seats start to burn back. I have not thought about doing the with this as the old B20's are ok on factory settings.

Is the 1.4 best run with flashlube or are the seats in the later engines hard enough? I'm not a fan of using it but would consider it in this case.

• V300 register
Lees meer
24-06-2013 09:45 #932788 door V300 register
flashlube is not needed for any engine code B14.3E and above. B14.3S may need it, depending on presence of a GPL sticker on the distribution cover.

All B14.4 engines are LPG safe

using a relay to switch between normal and andvanced ign.timing sounds like a great idea, go for it!

• V300 register
Lees meer
25-06-2013 00:59 #932841 door V300 register
I should be making a start on this next week once the P1800 I'm rebuilding is completed.

Normally I would fit either a 80 or 90ltr cylinder across boot behind the back seat. Trouble is that does take up a lot of space. I'll have to have a look at some of the tanks I have about and see if I can come up with a less obstructive solution.

Looks like I will have to start a build thread on this one :V300:

Moderators: Mark Smeets